Known as the “Oil of Tranquility,” Vetiver has been used in India for its perfume qualities for thousands of years. It has also been used in traditional medicine in Asia and West Africa because of its therapeutic properties. This oil has an earthy and slightly smokey aroma that is widely used for its deeply calming and relaxing properties.
What it does:
– Vetiver increases your ability to handle high levels of stress, which can lead to illness. Therefore, it is a wonderful oil to use when the body is overloaded and feeling weakened.
– It helps settle anxiety and is great for relieving insomnia or depression.
– This oil is extremely grounding, which makes it appropriate to use during physical or emotional trauma.
– Add 3-5 drops of Vetiver to your bath, it’s amazingly relaxing and settling.
– Use a dab neat on your neck and behind your ears when feeling anxious before flying or traveling.
Whether you’ve had a stressful day or suffer from anxiety, Vetiver essential oil can help lift your spirits and calm a worried mind.