Whether traveling for work or pleasure, it’s hard to get a good night’s sleep on the road. Time change, noise, sleeping arrangements and other obstacles can get in the way of achieving high-quality sleep. Don’t fret, we have some good travel hacks that will having you catching some good z’s in no time.
1. Pack a Sleep Essential Travel Kit to include:
– Ear plugs or noise-canceling headphones (if you like to fall asleep to music)
– Sleep-promoting essential oils (Palmarosa, Ylang Ylang, Vetiver & Sandalwood)
– Eye mask
– Travel neck pillow
– A good book
2. If you’re traveling to a destination in different time zone:
– Going ahead, plan to settle in early and relax in order to fall asleep earlier.
– Going back, fight the fatigue by going out on the town or hitting the hotel gym to stay awake later.
3. Try to follow your exact or a similar bedtime routine to maintain a bit of consistency and balance.
4. Request a room away from the elevators.
5. Make sure the temperature of your room is set at 60 degrees F for optimum sleep.
6. Try to avoid caffeine before bed to ensure the body is relaxed and ready for sleep.
7. Meditation is a great way to find inner peace when the body is stressed and will help clear the mind.