Napping is not just for kids. It’s a great way to quickly refuel and energize when you’re feeling groggy or rundown. Many claim the power nap increases productivity, improves memory and heightens your overall mood. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your power nap.
1. Keep your nap under 20 minutes to avoid sleep inertia. If you feel like you need more sleep, extend your power nap to 50 minutes. Also, remember to set an alarm!
2. Try not to take a power nap in the late afternoon. If you nap at this time of day, you are more likely to fall into a deeper sleep that can leave you feeling sluggish.
3. Before your nap, it’s best to not consume caffeine or foods high in fats & sugars.
4. Find a quiet, comfortable, dark place to take your nap where you won’t be disturb. The darkness helps to increase melatonin, which is the sleep-activating hormone.
5. Apply some calming essential oils to help your body/mind relax. Our 21 drops Calm Blend combines Jasmine, Sweet Orange and Vetiver to make you feel serene, settled and at peace.
6. To complete your power nap, have a good stretch and enjoy the rest of your day without feeling drowsy.