Spring is around the corner… it’s time to cut out the fad diets and make REAL changes to positively impact your body and mind. Here are few easy ways to make healthy adjustments to your daily diet!
1. Consume some form of superfood everyday.
– Steel-cut oats are less processed than traditional oatmeal and will keep you feeling full longer.
– Grab a greek yogurt for a morning or afternoon snack with a handful of blueberries. The greek yogurt contains twice the amount of protein as regular yogurt, and the blueberries help provide you with your daily dose of antioxidants.
2. Drink as much water as you can each day. If you can replace one juice or soda with a glass of water thats about 36 less grams of sugar, 120 to 160 less calories and about 45 less grams of carbohydrates. This simple change to your diet is easy and effective.
3. If you are a cheese lover, nutritional yeast is a great way to enjoy that cheesy flavor, add vitamin B to your diet and cut the calories. Sprinkle a little on popcorn, on caesar salads or over your eggs in the morning. Our favorite brands include: Braggs and KAL.
4. Do a yoga inversion pose at the end of each day. These poses help to improve circulation, relax the body, build immunity and improve balance. Shoulder stand, laying on your back with your legs up against the wall, and happy baby are all easy inversions for all ages and skill levels.
5. A spoonful of coconut oil a day might keep the doctor away! Its unique fatty acid content is metabolized differently than other saturated fats and is shown to have powerful therapeutic effects, such as, improved brain function, immune boosting properties and lowering cholesterol.